Researching Nonprofit Organizations
Through this online database, you can research organizations using a simple name and/or keyword search. Nonprofit organization profiles allow you to view their mission, history, impact, programs, business practices, financial statements and much more. There is no rating or grading of nonprofits associated with The Philanthropy Hub. Our goal is to establish organizational transparency that empowers donors to make more informed and strategic giving decisions.
Below are some questions to consider when researching a nonprofit organization. You will find detailed responses to these questions in the organization’s Philanthropy Hub profile.
- What is the history of this organization?
- Where does this organization work and how is it having an impact on the community?
- What support does this organization need in order to more effectively deliver on its mission?
- What programs and/or services is this organization providing?
- What kind of impact are these programs having? How is success measured?
- Is the staff of this organization reflective of the communities it serves?
- Are the necessary business practices in place for this organization to plan for the future and operate in a responsible and effective manner?
- Is this organization working in partnership with others to deliver on its mission?
- How active and engaged is this organization’s board?
- Is the composition of the board reflective of the population that the organization serves?
- Are appropriate practices in place to support responsible and effective governance?
- Is the organization solvent?
- Does the organization rely on a single or small group of funders and donors or does it have diversified sources of revenue?
- Does the organization have a line of credit or an endowment?
- Please note: the Notes Section within the Financial Tab provides additional information that may not be immediately evident in the charts and graphs provided
If you have additional questions for a featured organization, you can also contact the nonprofit directly by accessing the contact information in the profile. Are you interested in learning more about an organization not currently listed on The Philanthropy Hub? Please contact the Community Foundation or North Central Florida team at email@example.com to invite the organization to participate.